Mothers – where can one possibly start with the impact that these fantastic human beings have had on each and every one of us. No matter what anyone tells you, there is only one type of pure and unconditional love, and that is your mother’s love. Whether it is your biological mother or just someone special you call mom, your mom will always be your mom, no matter how old you are, how far away you are, how much you have hurt or upset her, how little you have seen her and many other factors, she will always be your Mum, and she will always be home. There are infinite ways in which our mothers make our lives better, but there is only so much love that one blog can handle, so we have narrowed our list down to 5.
Here are 5 Ways in Which Our Mothers Make Our Lives Better:
- The first and most obvious one is that we wouldn’t have a life without them. Without our mothers, we wouldn’t be. They nurtured and housed us in their womb for nine long months. Those nine months couldn’t have been smooth sailing. Carrying around extra weight, odd cravings that weren’t always available, needing to use the bathroom almost all the time and a general feeling of malaise doesn’t sound pleasant. Nonetheless, they soldiered through the nine months and endured labour (some without anesthetic) to welcome you into the world. At this point your mom’s world becomes you. If nothing else, you should be grateful to your mom for giving you life and making you her life.
- Science, religion, geography and a whole lot of other fields have done research which emphasizes the importance of mothers. Scientific research shows that a strong emotional attachment between a mother and her baby may help prevent diseases, boost immunity, and enhance a child’s IQ. The Bible says, ‘She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.’ Mothers are the glue of most families; they are the emotional backbones and the power that a family is built upon. By having a solid bond and emotional attachment with your mother, you will grow and develop and be nurtured into a well rounded and grounded human being. Our mothers make our lives better by giving us this foundation for greatness.
- Keep it mom! You never have to tell your mother anything! Their default mode is to know what’s going on with you. They can sense, feel and see if anything is wrong or if you aren’t yourself. What’s even better is that they know just what to do, before you even know what you want. Whether it be a cup of tea after a tough day or a big hug after a fight, your mom always knows what’s best. There is no comfort like a mother’s comfort.
- Another way in which our mothers make our lives better is that they are the only people who will do anything for you. Your mom would sacrifice all she has to give you what you want. She would go to the ends of the earth to see a smile on your face. A mother’s love has no boundaries, no limits and no end. There is nobody else in the world who has your back the way that your mom does.
- HER COOKING! There’s no food like mom’s food! She makes your favourite dishes just the way you like it. In fact, All her dishes are your favourite dishes. She can share her recipes with you or with anyone else, but they just don’t taste the same. It’s true when they say that cooking comes from the heart. She has kept not only you, but your tummy happy as well, from the time you were born. Mother’s there’s a very special place in your heart and your stomach that only they can fill!
This blog post highlights just the tip of the iceberg; our mothers make our lives better in so many other ways. Sometimes it goes unseen, at times it is underrated and understated, but no matter what, a mother’s love and care are omnipresent.
In the spirit of celebrating these incredible women, Umthunzi is having a Mother’s Day Special to show all the mom’s some love. For the month of May, mother’s stay free with any other staying adult – BOOK NOW!