Winter beach weddings on the South Coast have a unique charm to them as the tropical climate means that there is no serious winter chill, but you still have the choice to do a winter themed wedding. By winter we mean moderate temperatures and a highly unlikely chance of light rain! You have the freedom of choice with these types of winter beach weddings, and you aren’t constrained by any season specifics.
Winter beach weddings on the South Coast are becoming increasingly popular for many reasons, but the most convincing one is probably the fact that the bridal party has the freedom to pick any theme! On the South Coast, you can still have a beach wedding in the winter; you can still have a summer style wedding in the winter, you can serve summer drinks in the not so cold winter as well, the choices are endless!
Sometimes having too much choice can be a bit overwhelming, which is why we have come up with 5 of the best decor tips for winter beach weddings to help you:
5 Decor Themes For Winter Beach Weddings:
- Vintage weddings – you can’t go wrong with this theme. We love the amazing furniture and decor options available for vintage styled weddings, and they go so well with a beach setting! Integrate your vintage, winter theme through a pastel colour scheme or a more traditional winter colour scheme; burnt oranges, purples and royal blue, and use items like worn sea glass, sea shells, old books or even a vintage globe to add special touches to your vintage theme. Venues that specialize in beach weddings will most likely have the decor and the know how to do this theme for you.
- Rustic beach wedding. Just being at the seaside generally gives one a rustic vibe. Hotel wedding venues that are on the beach may have a rustic feel to them, and all you need to do is follow through with that feel. Use old crates, twine, mismatched cutlery and a rustic style altar. Use textures like glitter and sequin with more rustic elements like weathered wood, pebbles, and tin cans, which can be used for flowers. Mixing different juxtaposed textures makes for a sophisticated twist on typical rustic decor.
- The classic nautical themed beach wedding. This theme can be used at any time, in any weather. It is always a winner. Navy blue and white are the colours that are dominant in this theme, but you can mix it up by adding some coral, yellow and duck egg blue. You can throw in anchors, knots and sea shells to finish it off. If you want to take it a step further, get your guests or brides and groomsmen to dress up as sailors.
- Green is Queen! You can’t argue with Mother Nature! This theme is simple, chic and organic. Being on a tropical coastline, with evergreen foliage all year round, is more than half of your theme done. The surroundings are everything for this theme. Use flower headbands, creepers on the chairs, some candles, floral arcs and some bark benches for the finishing touches.
- So you couldn’t decide between a winter or tropical wedding? Why not have a tropical winter wedding? The winter’s in the South Coast are rather mild that some may say that there is no winter! A tropical winter wedding consists of bright and bold colours and flower arrangements, palm and banana leaves and colourful cocktails. A sun setting over the endless ocean is the finishing touch to this exotic theme.
There are many other themes that you can use for your winter beach weddings, and we are certain that it will be a success. The secret is that location is key, choose your destination carefully! Happy Winter Beach Wedding!