We can all agree that you can never have too much help when planning an event or conference. From ticketing to registration to catering calculations, there is so much to do in such a short space of time.
Getting your team members to assist is an option, but sometimes, having too many people involved, makes things more complicated than it should be.
The solution to this is to use applications designed to help you; this eases your workload while still giving you control over the task.
This blog looks at 4 of the best event planning and management apps out there, that are guaranteed to ease the conference and event planning process.
The apps that we will look at will aid you in a variety of ways; from the ticketing process to sharing the event programme with attendees, to contact swaps, event planning has never been this easy!
Here are 4 of our best apps that make conference and event planning easier:
This is the quintessential business app for all event planners. Super planner has a variety of tools that will help you plan the perfect event. Some of the main features of the app are:
- Venue calculator: this feature allows you to calculate the venue capacity for 15 different layouts, including banquet, classroom, theatre, reception, conference & exhibit. It includes “comfy” and “snug” calculations for several layouts.The calculator works in reverse as well, you can enter your desired capacity in a specific seating configuration, and it tells you how big a room you need. It works for both feet and meters.
- Dance floor calculator calculates the size of the dance floor that is required, based on the number of guests. Also, provides handy hints.
- Catering calculator calculates the number of hors-d’oeuvres and drinks that are needed for specific events and for a certain period.
- Staff calculator calculates the number of waiters and bartenders needed, based on five different service styles. It also calculates the number of check-in staff you would need.
- Table planning: calculates what sized table clothes you need and how many people can fit around a particular table.
- Design tips: gives you powerpoint and presentation tips.
Super Planner was voted the Best New/Innovative Event Product/Technology at the 2011 Special Events Magazine’s Gala Awards. Created by Howard Givner, an industry expert, the app helps ease a few of the many challenges that planners face.
Create invites, edit, invite and track attendance live with this one-stop ticketing and registration app. Some of the key features of the app are:
- Easy to use ticket scanning software which makes registration a smooth process.
- Easy check in process with entry manager technology.
- Accept payment for ticket and merchandise on site which ensures that you never lose a sale.
- Easy to use accessories that you can get with the app; such as a ticket reader and printer.
- Reissue, cancel and refund orders on the spot.
- Available in multiple languages.
With Eventbrite Organiser, you can cut out the 3rd parties and the middleman by facilitating the ticketing and registration process yourself. This will eliminate any complications and allow attendees to have a seamless user experience when booking and registering.
Event planners and conference organizers are always in need of a spare hand! The Thumbly keyboard gives you just that, it gives you the ability to type with one hand.The app uses fast, gesture-based controls that help you navigate and autocorrect with one hand. It is a really efficient way to communicate while on the run. The app caters to both left and right handed users. Although simple, the app comes in handy and makes more of a difference than you would think. Key features of the app are:
- Single-handed typing
- Autocorrect with one hand
- Swipe to delete, return or capitalize
- Easily accessible list of emojis
- Next word suggestions based on what you’ve typed already
With the Thumbly keyboard, you will have the extra hand that you have always wished for!
Attendees will have the ideal attendee experience if you make use of this app. From social integration, contact swaps and directions, the EventMethod Engage app is like having an event genie in your pocket. The app connects the event and the audience in real time and works with limited internet access as well. The key features of the app are:
- Gives attendees access to event programmes and schedules
- Venue layouts and maps
- Call or text concierge for immediate assistance
- Attendees can fill out live surveys
- Swap contacts with a connection instantly
- Scan QR codes
More than just an app, EventMethod is an enabler. It allows you to influence and direct the event in the direction in which you would like it to go. The social integration will also aid your marketing strategy.
You have the knowledge, you have the apps, but you’re still going to need one more thing! An all in one checklist! The Ultimate Conference Planners Checklist is the only event and conference planning checklist that you will ever need. Download your free checklist today!